How Much Does Concrete Wall Repair Cost?
Concrete walls are popular in foundations, garages, and exterior perimeter walls. They're affordable and they usually hold up for quite awhile. That said, weather and age can have cause problems making concrete wall repair necessary. In many cases, problems arise when concrete is rather aged and begins to allow water to seep through. In the case of a foundation, damage to concrete walls definitely requires serious attention.
How Much Will It Cost To Repair A Concrete Wall?
Depending on the extent of your concrete wall damage and the situation, you can expect a concrete wall repair to cost anywhere between $200 and $1,500 with the average cost being $600.
Some contractors will opt to replace the wall or a section of it if the damage is too extreme. In other scenarios, it is possible to fill cracks with epoxy or joint filler compound. During your appointment, your concrete wall repair specialist will be able to diagnose the extent of your issue, the costs for repair and what the approach for repair will be.
Things you should consider when entertaining a concrete wall repair job:
- A do-it-yourself approach can potentially fail to address the entire problem, leading to additional repairs being needed in the future.
- Cracks may be caused by underlying water sitting under or behind the wall that may not be visible.
- Avoid using hydraulic cement at all costs. It is incredibly rigid and while it may seal your cracked wall for a short time, it is unlikely to hold up for long.
- Most concrete wall repair jobs should take between one day and a week to repair, at the longest.
- Talk to your concrete wall repair specialists to see if they are willing to provide a written warranty to back up their work.
Get In Touch With a Local Expert
The best way to find out what it would cost to repair your concrete wall is to get in touch with local masons and concrete specialists in your area. They'll come out to your home, appraise the situation and provide you with no-obligation, 100% FREE estimates for their services.
If you like what you hear, go ahead and get the work done sooner rather than later. Waiting to take action on a concrete wall repair can eventually lead to a far worse problem with greater associated repair costs.
Remember, filling in your zip code now comes with no hidden costs whatsoever, so feel free to take advantage of this offer today!