How Much Does Installation of Interlocking Pavers for Patios Cost?
An outdoor patio space is a great place to enjoy the company of friends and family or to just lounge out on a nice day and relax. Before the patio of your dreams can become a reality, you must settle on a material, see to proper planning, begin, and complete installation.
One of the most attractive and desired material types for patio spaces and driveways is interlocking pavers. You might be wondering how much it will cost to install interlocking pavers for patios. Truthfully, it's going to depend on a variety of factors. Once you have a chance to consult with a professional with real knowledge of how to install interlocking pavers for patios, you'll be ready to determine if the project is one upon which you'd like to embark.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of Interlocking Pavers
Some of the most typical factors that affect the cost to install interlocking pavers for patios:
- The size of the interlocking paver space.
- Whether your land is already graded or if it's a sloped area that needs to be made flat.
- The type, grade, and design of your chosen paving material.
- Will you need to run or relocate underground plumbing, gas or electrical lines?
The considerations that you ought to weigh before beginning to install interlocking pavers for patios are substantially important and will greatly affect the condition and visual perfection of your patio's appearance once the job is complete.
Important Considerations To Discuss Prior To Hiring a Paving Professional
- Make sure they plan on using a landscaping cloth under the paver installation to prevent weeds from eventually growing through the cracks.
- Ask them what grade of patio paver they will be using. Standard grade is the typical choice, while premium grade will hold up longer and keep its color better. If they say they'll be using commercial grade, understand that is a lower quality stone and will likely show defects and wear down in less time.
- Be sure that whenever you plan to install interlocking pavers for patios, you have addressed any possible obligations to local code authorities. In some cases, but not all, you may need to secure a permit for your new patio from the local municipalities.
- Ask you paver installation team what they see on your property regarding drainage challenges. In most cases, the patio will need to be installed with a slight slope away from your home's foundation to ensure your home isn't subjected to flooding.
How Much Do Interlocking Pavers Cost?
The cost to install interlocking pavers for patios ranges a bit depending on some specific factors. On a national average, you can expect to spend anywhere between $1,800 on the low end, and up to as much as $8,800 on the high end. The typical amount most people spend on their project is $4,500. The reason for the wide range of possible costs has to do with the fact that every design and installation is unique.
The material costs of interlocking pavers averages between $5 - $15 per sq ft.
If you include professional installation you can expect to spend $6 - $20 per sq ft depending on the complexity of design and which interlocking pavers are used.
Installing interlocking pavers for a 12ft x 25ft (300 sq ft) area will cost, on average, between $1,800 - $4,500.
Covering a 24ft x 40ft (960 sq ft) area with interlocking pavers can cost as much as $5,800 - $14,500.
If you require land grading services, you can expect to spend $200 - $1,200 a day, or between $50 - $150 an hour.
Relocating underground wiring, water, and gas pipes can cost $600 - $800 per line.
Speak to multiple contractors about your ideas so you can get a feel for one that best suits your budget and vision. This will ensure a quality guaranteed service as well as value for money.
How To Get Your Free Installation Quote
Cost-wise, a choice to install interlocking pavers for patios is rather sensible. It won't be as cheap as concrete, but it will look much better and will hold up rather well over the years, requiring only basic upkeep.
If you'd like to get more information on the cost to install interlocking pavers for patios on your property, you can reach out to a registered contractor in your area right now.
Get In Touch With Our Trusted Experts
To receive your FREE quote, simply leave your home zip code in the space provided below.
A registered local specialist in your area will reach out to you for a 100% FREE interlocking pavers cost estimate.
The best part is there's absolutely no obligation to purchase, hire, or sign any contracts whatsoever.