How Much Does It Cost To Install a Door?
Door installation is not something that has to be done very often, but when it is needed, it is essential you fully understand the costs, as well as the factors that increase the price. Since door installation can be tricky, it is not simply a DIY job and is well-suited for professionals.
New doors don't just look good. They stop cold drafts blowing through which intern helps your home remain energy efficient. They improve curb appeal, and as an investment, they can increase your home's resale value.
When a new door needs to be installed there are also a number of factors that will impact the cost. Understanding what these are can help a person plan accordingly.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a Door?
The cost to install a door will typically range between $100 on the low end, to a maximum of $2,000, although this is rare. The average cost for a new door installation is around $800. This may be impacted by a number of factors. Depending on the material used, if it's an interior or exterior door, and if the frame also has to be installed.
In most cases, door installation is not a quick DIY project. We recommend that you get in touch with contractors in your area, and compare as many quotes as possible. Check for references before you have any work done. This will ensure that you get the best value for your money!
Factors Impacting the Cost of Door Installation
Here are a few things that can impact the cost of the door that you are having installed. Knowing what these are will help you find a door option that will not only meet your needs, but also meet your budget constraints.
Consider the following factors impacting the cost of door installation:
- Exterior vs. interior: An interior door is typically cheaper than exterior ones.
- Space available: If replacing an old door with a new one, then the installation cost will be lower.
- Door type: The variety of door that is selected will impact the total installation price.
- Door material: There are different materials that modern doors are made of, each one offering different costs.
Consider the following material costs when it comes to door installation. The most common basic door options to consider include:
- Steel doors: These are the most common and effective types of doors to install. Can be used as side, garage and entry doors.
- Wood doors: These are low cost and will not rust but will require more maintenance than other options.
- Fiberglass doors: These are low cost and will not require much painting. However, they also don’t have the pleasant aesthetics of other door options.
Take the time and learn about the cost to install a door. There are quite a few options to consider.
How To Get a Free Quote
If you need a more refined door installation estimate tailored to your specific needs, simply enter your home zip code in the space provided on this page.
A local contractor in your area will contact you and provided a 100% FREE quote on the cost to install a door. There's absolutely no obligation to purchase, hire, or sign any contracts.
Take advantage of our free quotes today, it doesn't get any simpler.